Cisco CloudCenter 4.6.1 Release Notes
November 7, 2016
- Instance type and image sync support is now available for Azure, AzureRM, Google, and Dimension Data along with the earlier support for AWS and SoftLayer. See Manage Instance Types for additional context.
An optional Instance Profile field is available when you configure Deployment Environments or set the Deployment Environment Defaults. If you configure this field, provide the Amazon Resource Name (ARN) used for the Instance Profile configured in your AWS Cloud account.
New Cloud Regions:
New AWS Instance Types:Icon
Instance types are not specific to each region. Be aware that some instances may not be available in some regions.
Applications and Services
For the node initialization workflow, the application profile and the external service environment variables are injected to all other tiers.
For the external initialization workflow for VM tiers, the environment variables from the application tier level, the service level, the region level, and the application profile are injected to all other tiers.
- See Deployment Lifecycle Scripts for additional context.
- If you check the Provision Hardware Server check box for ANY application tier for a CloudCenter application, then, all application VMs created as part of its deployment (for all tiers) will be bare metal servers. See Provisioning Bare Metal Servers for additional context.
Administration and Governance
- Renamed Reports: The following reports were renamed to conform with the information provided in each report:
- Password Length: Cloud Center now enforces a minimum password length of 5 characters for all settings.
- Email Reminders: The CloudCenter platform triggers emails to users to remind them to change their password before the date of expiry.
- See Password Reset for additional context.
The following features are deprecated effective CloudCenter 4.6:
The Trial Users Report is deprecated.
The Invoice Summary Report is deprecated.
- RackSpace cloud support is deprecated.
These references are removed from the CloudCenter 4.6 documentation.
See the links provided in this page for additional context on UI changes for this release.
- New APIs: None
CloudCenter 4.6.1 Changes: See the links provided in this section for additional context on documentation for this release.
- ServiceNow Addition: The following pages were added to support the CloudCenter-ServiceNow integration application:
- Installation Documentation Flow: The documentation flow to Install CloudCenter is completely redone. The high availability instructions are now incorporated with the installation flow to provide seamless adoption for all components, modes, and scenarios. The new version contains the following sections:
- Contacting Support: The Contact Support Team link is now https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case. All occurrences reflect the new link.
- Search Results:
- All documentation search results display all available releases from each CloudCenter version. Select the version of choice.
- The home page Restrict Your Documentation Search field (highlighted in the following image) restricts the search results to just that release.
For example, the home page for CloudCenter 4.6 is Cisco CloudCenter Documentation, Version 4.6 – type your search text in the Search Documentation field.
- See Search Documentation for additional context.
CloudCenter 4.6.1 has the following known issues:
- When you install CCM using installers, configure the CCM, and reboot/restart the CCM VM, the Tomcat should be restarted automatically. However, you may need to manually start the Tomcat in some cases.
When you migrate a source deployment, the backup script does not execute as designed.
The following issues were resolved/addressed in CloudCenter 4.6.1:
- Issue: When you deploy an application to a SoftLayer cloud, the application deploys successfully. However, when you try to power off or reboot the VM from the Managed VM Inventory Report page, the task does not complete. These operations continue to work from the Job Details page.
Resolution: CloudCenter 4.6.1 provides a fix to power off or reboot the VM from the Managed VM Inventory Report page for SoftLayer application deployments.
- Issue: The Path parameter defined in an application profile (global parameter or tier-level custom parameter) does not display as designed on the Deployments page.
Resolution: The path parameter is now added as one of the parameter types at the global level when deploying applications.
- Issue: When deploying a cluster of load balanced VMs on a hybrid cloud with some VMs using AzureRM and others using a private vCenter cloud, the deployment succeeds and all VMs run as designed and the IP addresses are accessible from the HAProxy VM. However, the load balancer does not route the traffic to one of the VMs to ensure a round robin payload.
Resolution: The AzureRM tier's IP address was not propagated to the Non-AzureRM tiers. CloudCenter 4.6.1 includes a fix to ensure that the IP address is accurately propagated.
- Issue: When you enter vCenter on a Japanese locale enabled OS, then the vCenter resource names are returned with the localized Hiragana/Kanji character set and the VM reconfiguration (which is a part of deployment) does not complete.
Resolution: You can override and define any other regex in the gateway.properties by using the following optional key: vmware.scsci0.label.regex. This override allows the flow to continue working even if the default regex fails in any locale. As this key is optional in the gateway.properties file, it is not present by default. This property is used if you change the regex used to match the label of the SCSI Controller 0. You can also edit and use this override for other locale environments as applicable.
- Issue: When you map a VM Template to an image, the deployment may fail. To workaround this issue, convert the template to a VM, take a snapshot, and use the Linked Clone mode.
Resolution: CloudCenter 4.6.1 includes a fix to ensure that VMware deployments using VM template work as designed. See VMware Network Settings for additional context.
Issue: Too many heartbeat messages in the queue from agent.
Resolution: CloudCenter 4.6.1 provides a fix to change the way the node heartbeat is detected with reduced overhead. This fix was initially provided in CloudCenter 4.5.6 and ported to this release as well.
- Issue: Some instances in selective CloudCenter deployments were not displayed in the CCM UI even if their agents were in the running state.
Resolution: CloudCenter 4.6.1 provides a fix to change the way the VM heartbeat is detected and provides a modified method to handling heartbeats which has also resolved this issue.
Issue: When you don't use the naming callout and need to set the hostname for launched VMs, you did not have have the ability to update the hostname in the /usr/local/osmosix/etc/hostname file as well in the script.
Resolution: CloudCenter 4.6.1 includes a fix to persist the hostname on the VM so it can be restored when necessary.
Issue: When creating an IPAM callout script for a VMware cloud, the password type parameter is not available nor is it passed to the script. Only non-password parameters are available for the IPAM callout script.
Resolution: CloudCenter 4.6.1 includes a fix to to ensure that parameters of the type password are passed to the IPAM callout.
- No labels