Configure a vCD Cloud
Be aware that these screen captures may change based on the vCD changes. They are provided in this section as a point of reference.
Before mapping a vCD cloud on the CloudCenter platform, verify the following requirements:
A valid vCD cloud account.
Launch the CCO in the same cloud region as the vCD cloud.
- Follow this procedure to enable the vCD cloud provider in the CCO server – If you use the vCD cloud, you must configure the CCO servers.
To enable the vCD cloud provider in the CCO server, follow this procedure.
Copy the rest-api-schemas-8.10.0.jar and vcloud-java-sdk-8.10.0.jar files to the /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib directory.Icon
Customers must use their copy of these libraries as these copies are not redistributable by Cisco. The 8.10.0 version is required
Change to the following directory.
At the Please enter cloud type: prompt, provide the cloud name and region name that you determined when you performed the site assessment and press Enter.
Use the following format to enter this information.
Make sure to enter this information accurately because it cannot be changed after it is configured.
For vCloud Air:
- At the Please enter Org VDC shared network (comma separated multiple string supported): prompt, enter the vCloud OrgVdc Shared Network information that you determined when you performed the site assessment, and then press Enter. Separate multiple entries with a comma but no spaces.
For example, orgnet1,orgnet2.
At the Please enter storage profile (comma separated multiple string supported): prompt, enter the Storage Profile information that you determined when you performed the site assessment, and then press Enter.
Separate multiple entries with a comma but no spaces.
For example, tier1,tier2,tier3.
At the Please enter CCM address: prompt, enter the IP address of the CCM server.
At the Please enter CCO private address: prompt, enter the private IP address of the CCO server that you are logged in to, and then press Enter.
For example, 10.0.2.1.
At the Please enter CCO public address: prompt, enter the public IP address of the CCO server that you are logged in to, and then press Enter.
The configuration tool displays the information that you entered and generates the required files.
Restart the Tomcat server so the CCO server automatically uses the vcloud-java-sdk and rest-api-schemas jar files.
To configure the logical mapping for a vCD cloud, follow this procedure.
- Access the CCM UI > Admin > Clouds > Add Cloud in the side pane.
- Select the VMware vCloud Director option, provide a Name and Description for this cloud, and click Save.
Locate the newly-added cloud and click Add Cloud Account to add an account for this cloud family. The Add Cloud Account popup displays.
Assign a new cloud Name.
- Select the check box to Track Cloud Costs.
Provide the vCD user details.
Cloud Account Details Description vCloud Organization Name The vCloud organization to which this account belongs. vCenter Username/Password The vCloud user name that you determined when you performed the site assessment. vCloud OrgVdc The vCloud organization vDC that you determined when you performed the site assessment. vCloud OrgVdc Shared Network The vCloud organization vDC shared network that you determined when you performed the site assessment. vCloud Isolated Network The vCloud isolated network that you determined when you performed the site assessment.Icon
If vCenter users do not have full administrator rights, verify that each user (using CloudCenter) has the following permissions at a minimum:
vCenter Object Required Permission Reason Datacenter Network protocol profile configuration For NSX security profile configuration Network Assign Network If the default network in a template/snapshot must be changed Datastore
For persistent disk operation Browse datastore Low level file operations Remove file Folder Create folder For user folder creation Resource
For datastore cluster support Assign VM to resource pool For resource pool selection Tasks
For VM operation Update task Virtual Machine All permissions
- Click Save and verify that the newly added cloud is displayed in the Cloud Configurations page.
Click the Regions tab to add a cloud region.
- Click Add Cloud Regions.
- Select the required regions for this cloud.
- Add the Region Name and an optional Display Name for this cloud region.
(Optional) Click Edit Cloud Settings to update the Instance Naming Strategy, the Instance IPAM Strategy, or the Node Name Config fields. The VM Name Config section provides more details on configuring these values.
If you Edit Cloud Settings, you must save the changes to the CCO to ensure that these changes are also propagated to CCOs inside a firewall configuration.
If your CCO is already configured, you must re-register the CCO for these Cloud Settings to take effect.
To complete the cloud configuration, you must register the CCO with the CCM.Register the CCO with the CCM
Register thewith the
Once you register a CCO with the CCM, the CloudCenter platform considers this cloud region to be active and you cannot delete the cloud region from the CloudCenter platform.
To register thewith the , follow this procedure:
- If you are not already at this page, verify that you are in the Admin > Clouds > Configure Regions for the required cloud)
- Click Configure Orchestrator in the Regions tab.
- In the Configure Orchestrator popup, provide the
's IP address that is accessible by and select the cloud account that is used to host the :
- Orchestrator IP or DNS: Provide the IP or DNS address for the CCO server.
Remote Desktop Gateway DNS or IP: The IP address of the Guacamole server (enables browser-based access to the VMs). If the Gucamole component resides in the AMQP server, provide the IP address of the AMQP server.
Cloud Account: Select the cloud account that you want to use with this CCO.
Amazon Cloud NuanceIcon
This setting is important if you have configured an IAM Role. Be sure to select the cloud account that contains this role.
- Click Save. The
- Repeat Step 2 to Step 4 to establish a mutual trust between the and s.
You have registered theVM and completed your configuration. You have two options at point:
- Add other cloud regions and register a CCO for each of these clouds. See Per Cloud Region (Required) for additional context.
Map your images. See Map Images for additional context.
Amazon Cloud NuanceIcon
If you need to grant permissions to launch images for your cloud account, see Image Launch Permissions.
- Model, Deploy, and Manage Applications. See Application Profile for additional context.
- No labels