When the system administrator installed CloudCenter, he/she assigned the root administrator account and provided an email address for the root administrator.Icon
Create a tenant using a generic alias and add the required people to this alias. This allows multiple people to be subscribed to emails for this tenant. Besides, if one admin leaves the tenant, you can update the alias by adding the new tenant admin to the alias
- As an admin (root or tenant):
- You can only promote to be an administrator or a sub-tenant owner.
- You cannot delete any user who is a tenant owner.
- You can convert an admin back to being a standard user before you delete this user.
Promote to Co-Admin
The CloudCenter platform permits multiple administrators to perform administrative tasks at any level:or the level.
- This user will continue to be listed in the Users page.
- You can convert this user back to a standard user.
To promote a user to be a co-administrator, follow this procedure.
- Access the CCM UI > Admin > Users page.
For the required user, click the Actions dropdown and select Promote to Admin.
- Click OK in the popup to confirm your action.
A co-admin has the same permissions as an admin and can perform administrative tasks at any level.
For example, out-of-box Services ownership is automatically set to the original tenant owner's User ID. Even if a co-admin creates a new sub-tenant, the service ownership stays with the original tenant owner.
- If sharing is provided to an administrator, then the co-admin will not automatically receive these permissions.
- If the co-admin should also receive sharing , then the resource owner must explicitly share the resource with the co-admin.
Convert to Standard User
Admin User back to being a , follow this procedure.To convert an
- Access the CCM UI and click the Users in the left pane to access the Users page.
- For the applicable user click the dropdown list and select Convert to Standard User.
- Click OK in the popup to confirm your intention.
Onlycan be promoted as tenant administrators
When you promote ato be a tenant (or sub-tenant) owner:
- This user will no longer be listed in the Users page
- This promoted tenant owner is now listed in the Tenant Information page.
As an admin for this tenant, you now have your own Admin link to access your tenant. You will see the tenant owner email listed in this tenant's Users page. Verify and configure the required clouds, users, groups, and roles for this account. This isolation in configuring each tenant is the key to making each tenant independent
Log in as a System Admin
To log in as a System Admin (SysAdmin), follow this process:
Open a browser and connect to the https://CCM_IP_Address).VM using the VM's IP address (for example,
- Login as the CloudCenter SysAdmin using valid credentials. Contact the CloudCenter Support team to obtain the SysAdmin credentials.
- Change the password for the SysAdmin account as specified in the next section.
Change Admin Password
- Login to the CCM UI using your current password.
- Click the email@example.com (or similar) link at the top right corner of the CCM UI. The My Account page displays.
- Click Change Password in the Account Info section.
- Enter your current (or assigned) password in the Current Password field.
- Enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click Save.
- No labels