Before mapping a vCD cloud on the CloudCenter platform, verify the following Google following requirements:
A valid vCD cloud account.
Launch the CCO in the same cloud region as the vCD cloud.
- Follow this procedure to enable the vCD cloud provider in the CCO server – If you use the vCD cloud, you must configure the CCO servers.
To enable the vCD cloud provider in the CCO server, follow this procedure.
Copy the rest-api-schemas-8.10.0.jar and vcloud-java-sdk-8.10.0.jar files to the /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib directory.
Customers must use their copy of these libraries as these copies are not redistributable by Cisco. The 8.10.0 version is required
Change to the following directory.
cd /usr/local/osmosix/bin directory
At the Please enter cloud type: prompt, provide the cloud name and region name that you determined when you performed the site assessment and press Enter.
Use the following format to enter this information.
Make sure to enter this information accurately because it cannot be changed after it is configured.
For vCloud Air:
- At the Please enter Org VDC shared network (comma separated multiple string supported): prompt, enter the vCloud OrgVdc Shared Network information that you determined when you performed the site assessment, and then press Enter. Separate multiple entries with a comma but no spaces.
For example, orgnet1,orgnet2.
At the Please enter storage profile (comma separated multiple string supported): prompt, enter the Storage Profile information that you determined when you performed the site assessment, and then press Enter.
Separate multiple entries with a comma but no spaces.
For example, tier1,tier2,tier3.
At the Please enter CCM address: prompt, enter the IP address of the CCM server.
At the Please enter CCO private address: prompt, enter the private IP address of the CCO server that you are logged in to, and then press Enter.
For example, 10.0.2.1.
At the Please enter CCO public address: prompt, enter the public IP address of the CCO server that you are logged in to, and then press Enter.
The configuration tool displays the information that you entered and generates the required files.
Restart the Tomcat server so the CCO server automatically uses the vcloud-java-sdk and rest-api-schemas jar files.
To configure the logical mapping for a Google vCD cloud, follow this procedure.
- Use your new credentials to login to the CloudCenter UI.
- Click the Admin link displayed in the left pane.
- Click the Clouds link in the side panel to display the Clouds page.
- Click Add Cloud to add the Google vCD cloud.
Click Add Cloud Account to add an account for this cloud family. The Add Cloud Account popup displays.
Assign a new cloud Name.
- Select the check box to Track Cloud Costs.
Provide the vCD user details.
Cloud Account Details Description vCloud Organization Name The vCloud organization to which this account belongs. vCenter Username/Password The vCloud user name that you determined when you performed the site assessment. vCloud OrgVdc The vCloud organization vDC that you determined when you performed the site assessment. vCloud OrgVdc Shared Network The vCloud organization vDC shared network that you determined when you performed the site assessment. vCloud Isolated Network The vCloud isolated network that you determined when you performed the site assessment. Note
If vCenter users do not have full administrator rights, verify that each user (using CloudCenter) has the following permissions at a minimum:
vCenter Object Required Permission Reason Datacenter Network protocol profile configuration For NSX security profile configuration Network Assign Network If the default network in a template/snapshot must be changed Datastore
For persistent disk operation Browse datastore Low level file operations Remove file Folder Create folder For user folder creation Resource
For datastore cluster support Assign VM to resource pool For resource pool selection Tasks
For VM operation Update task Virtual Machine All permissions
- Click Save and verify that the newly added cloud is displayed in the Cloud Configurations page.
- Once the cloud account is successfully added, click the Regions tab to add a cloud region.
- Click Add Region to add a cloud region.
- Add the Region Name and an optional Display Name for this cloud region.
- Click Save. The new Region displays and you can now configure Cloud Settings, the Orchestrator (CCO), and the Instance Type(s).
- Configure the cloud settings based on your initial CloudCenter configuration by clicking Edit Cloud Settings to update the VMware cloud settings. In the Configure Cloud Settings popup, provide the following information:
Instance Naming Strategy: Specifies the VM callout strategy. See VM Name Config for additional context.
Node Name Config: Specifies the node reference. See VM Name Config for additional context.
- Instance IPAM Strategy: Specifies the OS customization spec strategy. See VM Name Config for additional context.
- Click Save.
- Configure the Orchestrator (CCO) settings by clicking Configure Orchestrator to add the CCO details for this cloud account. In the Configure Orchestrator popup, provide the following information:
- Orchestrator IP or DNS: Provide the IP or DNS address for the CCO server.
Remote Desktop Gateway DNS or IP: The Guacamole (HTML5 remote desktop) gateway to upload custom SSL certificates. Ideally this IP address should be the same as the AMQP server's IP address. See Per CloudCenter Region Installation (Required) > CCO for additional context.
If you use the Appliance Installation, a self-signed Guacamole certificate is built to work out-of-box.
- Cloud Account: Select the cloud account that you configured in the Add Cloud Account step.
- Click Save.
- Configure at least one instance type for the cloud region by clicking Add Instance Type. In the Add Instance Type popup, provide the following information: